MVP Arena (formerly Times Union Center) is Upstate New York's premier sports and entertainment facility. Home to the Siena College NCAA D1 Men's Basketball team, Albany Empire and Albany FireWolves. The arena also hosts many of today's top concerts, family shows and high school/college athletic events.
Students participating in our internship program will receive hands-on learning experiences in the operations of a sports and entertainment facility.
- Be currently enrolled in a college or university
- Provide documentation of receiving academic credit
- Submit a cover letter and resume
- Specify semester for internship: Fall [year] or Spring [year]
- You must receive academic credit
- Internships are available full or part time
- Summer internships are only available when specifically mentioned in a listing below
The Marketing department at MVP Arena offers part-time, unpaid internships. Academic credit must be received. Interns assist the Director of Marketing and Marketing Manager, along with office staff on day-to-day activities in addition to event day operations. The following is a list of duties that the intern will be expected to perform, however the job is not limited to the duties on the list. Responsibilities are subject to change based on the season's event schedule.
Marketing Internship Responsibilities:
- Design marquees, ads, brochures, etc.
- Update and maintain atrium music & event spots
- Update local area online calendars
- Assist with MVP Arena & Albany Capital Center social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok); including but not limited to research, content creation, page maintenance, event day pictures & live posting
- Assist with the coordination of press conferences and other media events
- Assist in the distribution of media credentials and escorting media at various events
- Update and maintain media outlet contacts
- General office work; including but not limited to maintaining databases
To be successful in this position you must be available 10 hours per week. This position requires strong Photoshop and writing skills. This internship is available in person only.
Marketing is not accepting resumes at this time for internships. Resumes and cover letters will be accepted again in April for the Fall 2023 semester. Please keep up to date with this page for when and how to apply for future semesters.